I’m here today with another Christmas card. (I got caught out last year, and didn’t have nearly enough. This year, I’m prepared!! Ha.. Haa!!)
To create this one I have used a very beautiful new image from Faery Ink.
She is called Holiday Tree Destiny & to bring her to life I used my Copics in these shades:-
Eyelashes & Eyebrows.
Sparkle on the belt & ornaments in hair.
(See below for a better idea. This image truly does glitter and sparkle in real life.)
Love it! Grins.
I fell in love with this image the first moment I saw her. And it was agony waiting for her release! Tee hee.
I think from all of the fabulous new Christmas releases, she is my favourite by far. Which is why I have chosen her for my GDT application for Faery Ink.
I created a simple framed card design, to keep this gorgeous girl centre stage.
The frame I created with my stitched Rectangle Dies from By DIEZyne.
The snowy hills I created using my Stitched Hill Dies from Lawn Fawn.
To make a really deep frame around the image, I also cut out stitched rectangles from my fun foam too. It was tricky gluing it all, but well worth it for the finished effect.
The “sky” background I created by using a scrap of blue paper, which I sprayed with my glitter spray.
Over the top of that I added my Snowdrop Acetate. This whole thing really sparkles under the light and I love it!
Okay, for the GDT application, we have to answer a set of questions.. so here we go:-
- How did you find Faery Ink? On my Facebook news feed.
- What are your top 3 favorite Faery Ink images? Why? (please include the URL to the images in the Faery Ink shop) Ok, now this is a hard one. I love them all!! But, after hours and hours of sweat, heartbreak & tears, I narrowed it down, finally, to just three.
- a) The Twins. I love these because I am a twin myself. And because they come with clothes too. And you can dress them/change the look of the image in so many different ways. A win win!
- b) Holiday Tree Destiny because .. well.. just LOOK at all that fabulous hair I got to colour!! Smiles.
- c) Everything else in the store. Not allowed? Ok, then this one..
- You’re So Wicked. I love this one because she has a little board where you can put your own message if you like. And, she isn’t ugly or overly cute like a lot of digi witches can be. This is one I created for Halloween with her.
- How many projects have you made from Faery Ink images? About 8 I think. But (slap my hand) I have only blogged two. Here is the other link. (Just click all the text in non bold on this bit. The links are embedded.)
- What kind of projects do you like to make from Faery Ink images? (cards, art journals, boxes, candles, art for your personal use etc…) Cards. Notebooks. Mini Albums. Halloween Decorations. Christmas Garlands. Gift bags.. etc.
- How many design teams are you currently on? Three. (1 @ 1 Creation a month. 1 @ 2 creations a month. 1 @ 1 creation every week.)
- How many projects do you need to complete each month in order to satisfy your obligations to your other design teams? As above. But to be honest I create far more than that to satisfy my need to craft. Tee hee.
- Would you be open to a long term spot on the team? YES!!! Erm did I shout that? Sorry.
- Is there any month between December 2015 and November 2016 that you will be unavailable to be a guest designer? No.
- Are you familiar with the WordPress blogging platform? Yes. It’s what I use.
- How often do you post on Facebook? A lot!
- Do you participate in groups on Facebook? Yes. Always.
- What other social media platforms are you active on? (Please provide links to your profile at each) My blog. Facebook. You Tube. And Instagram.
- Is there anything you would like to add? Yes. If I’m not lucky enough to be picked. I will still love and cherish your designs. No fear there. Grins. Oh and thank you for the opportunity to come design with you and your lovely team.
Okay.. And we’re done!
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
Hugs & Happy Crafting Everyone!
The challenges I am entering this Christmas Frame Card into are:-